Wednesday, August 27, 2014

"Mummy" Baby Food Jar Tea Light.

                                      
                                         This has to be one of the easiest crafts I've made. I know your supposed to do this with gauze, but we didn't have any. I did however have natural twine.                                                                                        
Here's what you need:
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Twine
  • Baby food Jar
  • Modge Podge

 I put a dot of glue on the back at the base of the jar and laid the string on it. I glued the eyes in the front where I wanted them positioned.  I let it dry and then brushed the ENTIRE jar front with modge podge. Waited about a minute or two until it was tacky. Then I layed the string on. squishing each layer against the other. When i had about 2 or 3 rows I brushed a little bit more M/P on the already laid string and on the area where I was going to be laying the next couple rows of string. I continued this for the whole jar and moved the string around the eyes they way I wanted. When my string reached the top of the jar I put another dot of glue on the back and stuck the string end to it. Then I M/P the ENTIRE thing (just not the eyes) and let it dry! It turned out a lot better then I thought it would and only took about 10 minutes total!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment